I found this tag on Kristin Kraves Books and decided to give it a go. It was really fun. I’d recommend it to anyone who wants a go.
- How many books is too many books in a series?
I’d say seven is where I’d draw the line (you know the series I’m thinking of). Of course, that all depends on how good a book series is. Some outstay their welcome after the second book and some could go on forever as far as I’m concerned.
- How do you feel about cliffhangers?
- Hardback or paperback?
Some of the paperbacks of classic books are so beautiful but I usually go for paperbacks. Simply because they take up less space on my bookshelves.
- Favorite book?
Anno Dracula, of course!
- Least favorite book?
- Love triangles, yes or no?
No. Just no romance at all, please.
- The most recent book you just couldn’t finish?
I don’t tend to not finish books. I force myself through them, whether I like them or not. I know that’s not a good thing to do.
- A book you’re currently reading?
Luna: New Moon by Ian McDonald. A bit difficult at first but I’m picking it up now.
- Last book you recommended to someone?
IRL? Fevre Dream. Online? Anno Dracula.
- Oldest book you’ve read? (Publication date)
In terms of first ever publication? Richard III
- Newest book you’ve read? (Publication date)
Anno Dracula: One Thousand Monsters. Are you seeing a pattern yet?
- Favorite author?
A tie between Trudi Canavan and Kim Newman.
- Buying books or borrowing books?
Borrowing books whenever I can. Unfortunately, my library’s really small so they don’t have many that I like. So, in reality, I buy most of my books.
- A book you dislike that everyone else seem to love?
I honestly can’t name one.
- Bookmarks or dog-ears?
Bookmarks. Dog ears feel like little more than vandalisim.
- A book you can always reread?
The Handmaid’s Tale. Gives me chills every time.
- Can you read while hearing music?
I sometimes listen to ambients and soundscapes on myNoises. Does that count?
- One POV or multiple POV’s?
Depends on the execution. One POV can be limited but too many or pointless POV changes are very irritating.
- Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days?
If I had the time, one sitting. In reality, I can only manage multiple days.
- A book you’ve read because of the cover?
The Six-Gun Tarot. I got it for both the cover and the title. Can’t say it was my best investment, unfortunately.
It kind of feels like I have a very limited range. I must have answered ‘Anno Dracula’ on at least a quarter of these. I ought to expand my reading repertoire a bit…