28th October 2018 – Books you wish you’d had as a teen
- The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine – Why did I not discover these until I was an adult? There are better vampire books than Twilight out there, teenage-self!
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – Just to let me know that there are painfully shy protagonists like me out there.
- The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde – Where has Thursday Next been all my life?
- The Discworld series by Terry Pratchett – My brother used to have nearly all the books when he was younger and I feel rather guilty that I never gave them a try until after Sir Terry died.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak – Another book that was on my periphery as a teen but never actually read until adulthood.
- Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness – The first book was a set text for my Master’s degree and, boy, do I wish I had picked it up of my own accord. I certainly picked up the last two without any encouragement.