- Pushing normality on the worst situation in an effort to maintain sanity – very Handmaid’s Tale-ish.
- Atwood-like flair is missing, though. It feels a little flat.
- Shifts in POV are annoying – I know it’s just Brisesis guessing what Achilles is thinking but I want Brisesis’ story and hers alone.
- Slow in the middle as we go through the motions of following Iliad canon.
- Agamemnon can go die in a fire and have his ashes used to soak up the contents of a public toilet! Bring on Clytemnestra!
- Briseis is named and yet she doesn’t feel as real as Offred.
- Lot of stuff wrong with the Greek and Trojan thinking – the levels of misogyny is gruesome.
- Ends on a rather low key and frustrating note.
Goodreads rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️