Skip to content
- My love for this series meant I couldn’t wait long to get into the last book. Let’s see if this one can score the hat-trick.
- And I knew that was coming. Didn’t stop it hurting, though, and that hurt is felt all the way through the book.
- Got Hellfire stuck in my head because Konstantin is going full Frollo!
- Not expecting him to turn up at all nor was I expecting the other surprise ally. This book has plenty of unexpected twists to keep you on your toes.
- I like Olga and Sasha a lot – both are awesome in their own way. Even Konstantin had his moment.
- Fabulous magical world that built up on established facts – Midnight is both beautiful and terrifying. I would love to go but, at the same, I’d be too scared to put a foot wrong.
- I started this not long after watching The Long Night and I am getting serious deja vu.
- Curious inversion of the usual connotations and the usual fairytale storyline.
- Emphasis on the dangers of what using too much magic does to your sanity feels very real and very logical.
- Nice character development from Vasya at the end and a lovely hopeful ending, rounding off the series perfectly.
- The ending was based on true events? I’d better go look it up!
Goodreads Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️