- I liked Red Sister a lot and I’m eager to see where Nona’s story goes.
- Nona now has a demon to deal with. He’s a strange and interesting beast and we’re never quite sure what to make of him. I wish the book had established how he came to be with Nona better.
- Threadwork seems like dangerous work and has a frightening level of power over a person. Magic had just the right amount of mystery about it to make it fascinating and terrifying.
- Entirely unexpected turn of event and the whole trajectory of the story is thrown off. I have no idea where this story is going to go now.
- Nice one, Abbess Glass! Even when she’s in chains and you can’t see any way she can get herself out of it, she is always in control of the situation. We also learn a lot of interesting things about her and her past.
- Sherzel’s webspinning was established well early on in the book but the truth of what she’s doing is still a surprise.
- Epic climax with another surprise just as the reader is getting comfortable.