This month has been the mirror image of the previous one. My reading has taken a slight downturn (but not much to disturb) but my writing is coming along well. I managed to push myself to the end of editing my latest draft and, yeah, it’s a pile of trash. I need to pull it to pieces and do a lot of editing to get it to look anywhere near publishable. Now’s definitely a good time to try out Scrivener, which I haven’t even opened since I bought it last year. The shame.
Another plus for this month is I’m still keeping to my New Year’s Resolutions. I bought Castle Rackrent from my local independent book shop and borrowed three books from my library. I haven’t read the latter yet but I’ve renewed them and there’s still time!
- Starsight by Brandon Sanderson 🎧 – 56%
- Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman 📖 – Just Started
New Acquaintances (New Reads)
- City of Brass by S A Chakraborty 🎧⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Rob Roy by Walter Scott 📖⭐️⭐️ DNF At 34%
- The Red Threads Of Fortune by J Y Yang 🎧 ⭐️⭐️⭐️✅
- After The Fall by E C Myers 📖 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Queenie by Candace Carty-Williams 🎧 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Castle Rackrent by Maria Edgeworth 📖 ⭐️⭐️⭐️✅
- The Republic Of Thieves by Scott Lynch 🎧 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Twice Magic by Cressida Cowell 🎧 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Small Gods by Terry Pratchett 📖 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer 📖 ⭐️⭐️
- The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa 📖 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Vampire Tapestry by Suzy McKee Charnas 📖 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Scarlet Pimpernell by Baroness Orczy – my next Classic Women Reading Challenge book
- The Man From The Diogenes Club by Kim Newman – another library book I’ve been meaning to read for ages!
- Soul Music by Terry Pratchett – I would have read Reaper Man first but my library doesn’t have it.
- Men At Arms by Terry Pratchett – Another one from the library book pile of shame
- The Predictions Book Tag – tagged by the always-lovely Sweaters and Raindrops
- Night and Day Book Tag – getting through the drafts backlog slowly but surely!
I hope to see you again very soon.