This was a good month for reading. I can’t imagine why…
Oh, I’m not going to avoid the issue. It’s because of the coronavirus pandemic. Some don’t want to talk about it or even say its name but, as a wise man said, fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself.
I know I’m lucky compared to some. I have my health, I can work from home, I’m not in danger of losing my job (that I know of) and I’m such a huge introvert that not a lot in my life has changed. The only thing that changed is my New Year’s Resolutions. Borrowing from the library is no longer an option and I’ve got to up my independent book shop quota to make sure it’s still there when the lockdown lifts.
That doesn’t mean that the terror of a pandemic isn’t affecting me, as I’m sure it’s affecting everyone reading this. The very word ‘pandemic’ makes you scared and some of my friends and family have been sick. Thankfully, they seem to be getting better but possibilities still weigh on my mind.
I won’t pretend to be an expert. I can only repeat what every expert says: follow medical advice, take no chances and keep yourself healthy and happy.
- The Missing of Clairdelune by Christelle Dabos – 🎧 44%
- Soul Music by Terry Pratchett – 📖 33%
- The Laughing Corpse by Anita Blake – 📖 36%
New Acquaintances (New Reads)
- Starsight by Brandon Sanderson 🎧⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black 🎧⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman 📖⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff 📖⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Man from the Diogenes Club by Kim Newman – DNFed at 48% 📖⭐️⭐️
- Black Leopard, Red Wolf by Marlon James – DNFed at 4% 🎧
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss 🎧⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy 📖⭐️⭐️⭐️✅
- These Witches Don’t Burn by Isabel Sterling 🎧⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones🎧⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Born A Crime by Trevor Noah 🎧⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Fury by L J Smith 📖⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Witch Doesn’t Burn In This One by Amanda Lovelace – looking forward to enjoy more of Lovelace’s poetry
- We Are Okay by Nina LaCour – I’ve heard a lot of good things about this book
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr – Ditto
- The Well Of Loneliness by Radclyffe Hall – My next Girl XOXO Monthly Motifs book
- The Quick Fire Fantasy Tag
- The Dreamy Book Cover Books – tagged by the lovely Sweaters and Raindrops
I hope to see you again very soon.