I honestly can’t believe I was tagged to do this. I never thought I would be. Massive thanks to the wonderful Sweaters and Raindrops for tagging me!
- Thank and link back to the person that tagged you.
- Credit the creator and include the reason behind the award: “This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.”
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated (pingback or contact them).
Have you ever been to a book convention? If you’ve been to multiple, which one was your favourite? If you haven’t been to one, which one would you go to first, if you were given the chance?
Never but I would love to go to the Whitby Goth Weekend. That is Dracula-fan Mecca!
Favourite book couple?
Jamie and Taylor from Queens of Geek. James is just the most perfect boyfriend ever and I really want to be Taylor’s friend.
You’re stuck with one book genre for the rest of your life. What genre is it?
Fantasy! Which fantasy? Witch fantasy, of course!
What’s your zodiac sign? Do you fit with the stereotypes of your sign
See that? That’s almost everything I’m not! Apart from hating failure, I don’t even come close to any of the Leo stereotypes.
Earth, fire, water, air. What’s your favourite element and which one would you want to have power over?
Water, because I love everything marine based and I would definitely love to have power over it too.
If you could switch places with one character in a book/series and embody that character, who would it be?
Thursday Next! I want to be able to jump into books and join Jurisfiction!
Were you always bookish or were you a “late bloomer” bookworm?
I was an early bloomer at first but then primary school English and being forced to read books I hated happened. It wasn’t until secondary school when I met a much better English teacher that I got back on the wagon and I’ve never fallen off since.
Rant time! In three sentence or less, rant about your most disliked/hated book. Alternatively, you can rant about your most disappointing read.
Everyone says Twilight is the worst vampire book and they are absolutely right. The author has no concept of ‘uncomfortable implications’, avoiding Mary-Sue-ism or even telling a coherant story. Just a pile of self-indulgent garbage that should have been left in the slush pile!
What book from your childhood left a lasting impact on you as an adult?
Got to be Harry Potter! As it did for so many others, it got me into the multifarious world of fandom and fanfiction which gave me the practice and confidence needed to start writing original things. I have no idea where I would be without it!
What three characters would you not mind being quarantined with and what three characters would you desperately be..let’s say…”social distancing” from?
Ooh, hard question. I wouldn’t mind being quarantined with Ophelia from The Mirror Visitor, Nancy from Every Heart a Doorway and Mercy Lynch from Dreadnought. Meanwhile, I’ll be keeping as socially distant as possible from Veronica from These Witches Don’t Burn, Winzik from Starsight and Ambrose from The Name of the Wind.
I tag the following fabulous people:
- Anna @ My Bookish Dream
- Sara @ The Bibliophagist
- The Orangutan Librarian
- Annemieke @ A Dance With Books
- Louise @ Foxes and Fairytales
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to answer these ten questions:
- What’s the comfort book that you always reach for when everything gets a bit much?
- Which book from your favourite genre would you recommend to someone who has never read anything from that genre before?
- If you had the power to jump into books, which literary world would you escape to?
- Which mythical creature do you wish was real?
- Would you rather have the power to fly or the power to breathe underwater?
- You have the power to stop time for an hour once a day. How do you use it?
- Do you usually listen to music while reading? If so, what’s your favourite thing to listen to?
- What’s your favourite reading snack?
- What skill do you wish you could master without trying?
- Gush time! In three sentences or less, gush about your favourite book. (Yes, I’m sort of copying Sweaters and Raindrops on this one!)
I hope to see you again very soon.