I have certainly been making the most of the lockdown. I’ve read a record fifteen books this month, including a lot of CROWS books. It feels great to get ahead with those. I have even more time on my hands to read because I’ve been put on furlough leave by my firm. Not entirely surprising but I’m not going to be depressed about it. I intend to make the most of it by reading loads, writing loads and making a start on my revision for my next (delayed) exam.
Isn’t it funny that the one April where I have a lot of time on my hands is the one April I don’t take part in Camp Nanowrimo? All because I had too much on my plate at the start of the month. That doesn’t mean I’ve been neglecting my writing though. I tried out a new redrafting technique of summing up my first novel as a short story. It took a lot of time and effort but it was definitely worth it. It allowed me to take a step back and see the plotholes and places it needed improvement. I would definitely recommend giving it a go if you’re struggling with a novel.
Then, I decided to take on a much more ambitious task than I’ve ever done on a Camp Nanowrimo – I set myself a target of redrafting three chapters a day every day, starting last week. Again, a lot of effort but it was so worth it. It’s looking much better now and I just need to add a few scenes to fill in the last few plotholes. Who knows, I might be able to send it off to beta readers and/or agents next month!
- The Sisters of the Winter Wood by Rena Rossner 🎧 18%
New Acquaintances (New Reads)
- The Missing of Clairdelune by Christelle Dabos 🎧⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Soul Music by Terry Pratchett📖⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Witch Doesn’t Burn In This One by Amanda Lovelace 📖⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️✅
- The Well of Loneliness by Radclyffe Hall 🎧⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️✅
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr 🎧⭐️⭐️⭐️✅
- The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal 🎧⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Deathless Divide by Justina Ireland 📖⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens 🎧⭐️
- The Travelling Cat Chronicles by Hiro Arikawa 🎧⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Olive by Dinah Maria Mulock Craik 📖⭐️⭐️
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan 🎧⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Laughing Corpse by Laurell K. Hamilton 📖⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Ghost Town by Rachel Caine 📖⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Dark Reunion by L. J. Smith 📖⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz 📖⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Quick Fire Fantasy Tag
- The Dreamy Book Covers Tag
- The Awesome Blogger Award – still can’t believe I got this!
- Spring Cleaning Book Tag
- Men At Arms by Terry Pratchett – really need to focus on my Turtle Recall Reading Challenge
- Snuff by Terry Pratchett – ditto
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas – my next GirlXOXO Monthly Motifs challenge
- The Face in the Glass – my next Classic Women Reading Challenge Book
- Women’s History Book Tag
- The Spring Book Tag
I hope to see you again very soon.