Another award! I don’t believe it! A massive thank you goes out to the fantastic Sweaters and Raindrops for nominating me! It’s certainly a timely one. The sun is hot where I am right now and, when it’s not sunny, it’s stormy. I haven’t been struck by lightning yet but it would just put the cherry on top of what’s been a very trying week. So, thanks again to Sweaters and Raindrops for bringing some sunshine into my life!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their page so others can see how amazing they are, too!
- List the rules in the post and the badge somewhere on your website
- Answer the 11 questions you got asked
- Nominate 11 new bloggers for this award and let them know
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions!
Question and Answers
Who are your top three favourite characters?
Depends on when you ask me. At the moment, it would have to be Ead from Priory of the Orange Tree, Lazlo from Strange the Dreamer and Evelyn from The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.
What’s your zodiac sign? Do you fit with the stereotypes of your sign?
Depends on whether you accept the new star sign. If you do, I am no longer a Leo but a Cancer. I like the ‘entirely creative’ and ‘great telling stories’ part but I am not definitely not ‘extremely random and proud of it’ or ‘spontaneous’. As for me, I want to stay a Leo simply because of the name. Why does the Crab have to share the name of a terrible disease?
Earth, fire, water, air. What’s your favourite element and which one would you want to have power over?
Since I (finally) started watching Avatar the Last Airbender, I’ve taken a few ‘which bender are you’ quizzes and I get a different answer every time! Now, this could mean I’m this generation’s Avatar (yay!) but, for the purposes of the question, I’m still sticking with water, simply because of my life-long love of marine biology!
Rant time! In three sentence or less, rant about your most disliked/hated book. Alternatively, you can rant about your most disappointing read.
This was not a sequel. If I was feeling generous, I would call it a spin off. However, after enduring love triangles and a load of talking with no action does not incline me to be generous so I call it a waste of time.
Have you picked up a new or old hobby this quarantine? If so, what is it?
Unless you count watching more TV as a hobby since I never used to do that before Three guesses on which series I have been binging (and I’ve only just finished Book 2 so no spoilers in the comments please)!
What books would you recommend to a burgeoning bookworm?
Hmm, tough question…okay, I lied. I would recommend Winternight every time!
Audiobook vs. ebook vs. physical book. What’s your preference and why?
Definitely audiobook because it’s the most versatile way to read. I can listen and do something else like stitch at the same time.
What was your dream job as a kid?
The same as it is now: a writer. It’s tough sometimes but I’m not giving it up!
Favourite podcast(s)? Or podcasts you’re looking forward to starting?
I’ve only listened to one episode so far but I really want to listen to more of You’re Dead to Me. It’s done by Greg Jenner, the Historical Consultant on Horrible Histories, a show I absolutely loved (series 1-5, anyway) so I expect the same level of quality!
Favourite smoothie flavour?
Banana, oat and coffee. Seriously, try it if you haven’t already. It’s awesome.
- What was the last TV series you binged?
- Have you ever been in a reading slump? If so, what got you out of it?
- What’s your favourite way to travel (fantasy transportation included)?
- Which book instantly makes you think of summer?
- Do you prefer reading in summer or winter?
- Which Broadway/West End show would you love to see but haven’t yet?
- If you could be a Bender, what kind of Bender would you be?
- Do you have a favourite type of tea/coffee? If so, what is it?
- What’s one thing in 2020 you’re still looking forward to (despite everything)?
- What would the title of your autobiography be?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- Lucy @ Bookworm Blogger
- Sabrina @ Notes From A Paper Plane Nomad
- Anna @ My Bookish Dream
- Sara @ The Bibliophagist
- The Orangutan Librarian
- Annemieke @ A Dance With Books
- Louise @ Foxes and Fairytales
- Octavia @ Mermaid Reads
- Amber @ The Literary Phoenix
- Jess @ Jessticulates
I hope to see you again very soon.