A big thank you to The Orangutan Librarian for tagging me! Time for you all to learn a bit more about me. Let me know if anything surprised you (or didn’t surprise you) in the comments.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag
1. Why did you start blogging? & Why have you kept blogging?
This originally started out as a writing blog. The stuff I posted originally is still here if you click the short stories and extracts link at the top of my website page. After a while, however, it became clear that I couldn’t post my writing as regularly as I should. So, I tried my hand at reviewing and I never looked back. Becoming a full book blogger has led me to discover books I would never have even heard of otherwise and to become involved with a wonderful community.
2. What is your favourite type of blog post to write?
At the moment, I love writing the Fathoming Books posts. I just wish I could make some better graphics for them.
3. What are your top three favourite blog posts?
Hmm, hard one. I would have to say, simply because it was such a lovely surprise receiving the tags, the two award tags and, simply because it generated so much discussion, my Fathoming Books post on why I give a book 1 star.
- The Sunshine Blogger Award
- The Awesome Blogger Award
- Fathoming Books: 6 Reasons I Give A Book 1 Star
4. What are some of your favourite things to do to relax?
Other than reading, I do cross stitch (currently working on a reusable advent calendar) and yoga (currently working on, suitably enough, Monkey Pose).
5. What are three of your favourite things?
Chocolate, cats and copious reading time!
6. What are your proudest blogging moments?
This is going to sound a bit odd but one of my recent proud blogging moments was deciding to stop doing CROWS reviews. The moment I made that decision, I felt so relieved that I didn’t have to put myself through reading terrible books and writing 2000 word reviews when I already had another busy blog on the go. I feel proud of myself that I was able to let go of something that no longer served me, as they say in yoga class.
7. What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
Apart from the stuff mentioned above, I also love playing video games. I’m currently working on my 10th platinum trophy on the PS4 version of Shadow of the Colossus. If I could just make it through all the time attacks on hard mode, I’m golden!
Since it’s fun, I’ll go for alliterative adjectives as well. Let’s see…
Self-contained, sensitive and studious.
9. What are your top three pet peeves?
You can have six if you like but, for the sake of this tag, they are:
- Bad behaviour from authors (stop making my love of your books complicated!)
- Memory spells (the fantasy favourite author’s get-out-of-awkward-and-potentially-character-developing-conversations-free card)
- Not-Like-Other-Girls girls (internalised sexism can do one!)
10. What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
I used to be really short sighted and I needed glasses for all of my childhood. I had my eyes lasered when I finished university. Okay, unlike the picture, it didn’t give me actual laser eyes but it has given me excellent vision!
- Sabrina @ Notes From a Paper Plane Nomad
- Kristin @ Kristin Kraves Books
- Annemieke @ A Dance With Books
- Louise @ Foxes and Fairytales
- Elaine @ Elaine Howlin
I hope to see you again very soon.