I think I’ve made a pretty good start of my reading challenges this year. I completed my own reading challenge and, though I’m a big behind on the Pretty Mess Reading Challenge and the Popsugar Challenge, I think I’m making good progress. I only hope it stays this way for the rest of the year.
Goodreads 2021 Reading Challenge
According to Goodreads, I’m 6 books ahead. Nice!
- Exercise More: Legendborn by Tracy Deonn
- Learn A New Skill: The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman
- Save Money: Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- Reduce Stress: Heartstopper Volume 3 by Alice Oseman
- Travel More: Grave Importance by Vivian Shaw
- Spend More Time With Friends and Family: Surrounded by Idiots by Thomas Erikson
- Stop Procrastinating: The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang
- Focus on Self-Care: How I Learned To Make Friends With The Dark by Katherine Glasgow
- Screw Resolutions, I Quit!: The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
I finished this challenge in excellent time, finishing my final book on 27th January, two weeks ahead of deadline! I’m so happy, especially considering I DNFed my original choices for the ‘Save Money’ and ‘Exercise More’ challenge. Neither Once Upon A River nor Ninth House turned out to be for me but, thankfully, I had substitutes to hand.
- January: 2020 Bestseller: Clap When You Land by Bernadine Evaristo
- January: Reread a Favourite Book: Every Heart A Doorway by Seanan Mcguire
- February: Debut Author: The Library of the Unwritten by A. J. Hackwith
I’m a bit behind on my February books but I’m not too worried.
- An Audiobook: Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- 2021 Adaptation: Passing by Nella Larsen
- Part of a Trilogy: The Wicked King by Holly Black
- Debut Author: American Panda by Gloria Chao
- Title Starts with ‘G’ or ‘K’: Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
- Written by a Queer Author: Trans Like Me by CN Lester
- Released in 2020: Over the Woodward Wall by A. Deborah Baker
I’m making good progress with this one. I’m happy with this one too.
2021 Popsugar Reading Challenge
- A book by an author who shares your zodiac sign: Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? by Caitlin Doughty
- A book set in multiple countries: The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V. E. Schwab
- A book whose title starts with ‘Q’, ‘X’ or ‘Z’: The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black
- A book set in a restaurant: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams
- A book with fewer than 1,000 reviews on Amazon or Goodreads: Death by Shakespeare by Kathryn Harkup
This is one I’ve been struggling with in the last two months. I should try and favour this one in the next two months. I don’t want this to be the one I fall behind on.
One down, four to go. I’d better try to read more Popsugar challenge books. I don’t want to end up realising almost too late that I’ve neglected it, resulting in me rushing through it too fast to enjoy it.
I hope to see you again very soon.