If you like the look of this, click here for the whole list of prompts at alittlebutalot.
It turns out that either I read a lot of books that stretch over a long timeline or I’m just very bad at remembering dates in books. It was very hard to find books set in spring from my Read list, anyway.
2nd May 2021 – Stories set in spring
- The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim – clue’s in the title.
- The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O’Neill – only the first chapter takes place in spring but, hey, it counts.
- The Once And Future Witches by Alix E Harrow – it stretches across several months but it starts at the spring equinox.
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood – it’s deliberately vague about dates but, from all the talk of flowers, it seems to be set around the springtime.
- Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling – you could pick any Harry Potter book since the big climaxes always happen in the late spring of the year but I’m going with the last one since that’s the biggest climax of the lot.
- The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden – don’t be fooled by the title. It actually takes place at the end of winter and the start of spring.
I hope to see you again very soon.