Here’s an early Christmas present for you: another original book tag! This time, I managed to get the hang of Canva and give you some decent graphics.
I absolutely adore cats. Very little of my life has been lived without a cat in it. I am the person who will stop and stroke random cats in the street. I am the person who will spend much more than she should on toys the cat never so much as looks at. I am the one whose day is not complete without watching at least one (or, maybe, ten) cat videos.
So, to indulge my obsession further, I’ve created this book tag centred around some of the most common cat markings. I might do a tag around the most common cat breeds in the future too…
- Link back to the original creator (The Corner of Laura) and link back to this page (otherwise, the original creator won’t get a notification).
- Thank whoever tagged you and link back to their post
- (Optional) Use the graphics and don’t forget to credit the original creator (Text prompts are at the end of the tag if you’d prefer to use those)
- (Optional) Tag 5 or more other people.
Okay, quick tangent here, black cats need more love! I adopted a black cat not too long ago and he is the most adorable, hyperactive, needy little treasure ever to ruin a rug! So, if you’re looking to adopt a cat, think about getting a black cat (or a black and white cat). I guarantee you there will be at least one at a shelter near you and, remember, a black cat is for life, not just for Halloween.
The Mirror Visitor series really isn’t much talked about in my blogging circle. Yes, in hindsight, the first book is a bit slow but the second one is fantastic. I highly recommend the audiobooks too. I really need to get to the last two of the series at some point.
Deeplight not only gives us a main character who is hard of hearing (due to a diving accident) but also makes her a strong-willed and smart character who sees that something isn’t right before anyone else does. Not to mention, the ‘sea-kissed’ people who lost their hearing in similar circumstances are happily accommodated and respected within the community of Lady’s Crave.
Linus Baker is an absolute sweetheart. He starts out as someone who would have been a minor villain in another book but does something very heroic indeed by the end.
Tough call. I’m going to go with Liz Lighty, a prom queen contender fighting for the title for the right reasons.
While I wouldn’t say Spensa was lucky, I would love to have someone like Spensa in my life. Someone who is willing to push her way into getting what she wants and who comes out with some great taunts along the way.
Evie O’Neil is a total party girl and, in 1920s New York, she’s right at home. You’d be a fool to write her off as an airhead, though.
Who else but the Crows?
- Black Cats: Pick a book that doesn’t get the love it deserves.
- White Cats: Pick a book with great disability rep
- Ginger Cats: Name your favourite male character
- Tortoiseshell Cats: Name your favourite female character
- Calico Cats: Name a character you wish was your best friend
- Tabby Cats: Name a character who’s the life and soul of the party
- A Clowder of Cats: Name your favourite fictional squad
- Ashmita @ The Fictional Journal
- Shelves of Starlight
- Mia @ Mia’s Solace
- Merlyn @ Curly Thoughts by Merlyn
- Riddhi @ Whispering Stories
- Kira Jeanette
- Rachel @ A Bookworm’s Paradise
- Asha @ A Cat, A Book, And a Cup of Tea
- And you, if you want to celebrate every kind of cat!
I hope to see you again very soon.