I think Blogmas has been a success. I think I’ve figured out what I’m going to do in place of thrice-weekly One Word review too. I’ll instead do one review per week and do mini reviews for the other books I read that week. That should take a bit of the pressure off me, at least.
Speaking of pressure, I made it through the last few books in my reading challenge very comfortably. So comfortably that I managed to put some real thought into creating more reading challenges and I’ve got not one, not two but three lined up. I’ll post more information on them in the next few days. Hope you like the look of them and decide to give them a go along with me!
- Hogfather by Terry Pratchett – 📖 25%
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – 🎧 73%
New Acquaintances (New Reads)
- Rule of Wolves by Leigh Bardugo 🎧 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas 📖 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Once Upon an Eid edited by S. K. Ali and Aisha Saeed 📖 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Conductors by Nicole Glover 📖 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Things A Bright Girl Can Do by Sally Nicholls 📖 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- This Winter by Alice Oseman 📖 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro 🎧 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman 📖 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Afterlife of Holly Chase by Cynthia Hand 📖 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- She Who Became The Sun by Shelley Parker-Chan 📖 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Winter is Coming Book Tag
- Winter Essentials Book Tag
- Wondrous Winter Book Tag
- The Christmas Stocking Book Tag
- The Modern-Day Christmas Song Book tag
- The Christmas Song Book Tag
- The Christmas Carol Book Tag
- Something Rhymes With Purple – I particularly liked an anecdote from Giles about some graffiti the late Prince Philip left in a book about the Royal Family. Got to say, I think ‘manifest bunkum’ is a much accurate term for that doctrine in general, not just in relation with the royals. Nice one, Prince Philip.
- You’re Dead to Me – loved the medieval Christmas episode and Miles Jupp’s comedy contribution!
All of the books from this list are the books I’ve picked for my new reading challenges. More on them in the next few days!
- The Last Children of Tokyo by Yoko Tawada
- The King of Crows by Libba Bray
- The Cybernetic Tea Shop by Meredith Katz
- The Ultimate Recommendations Book Tag
- The New Year Book Tag
- Perfect Book Tag
I hope to see you again very soon.