I did this tag over a year ago but I decided to do it again when Riddhi @ Whispering Stories tagged me to see if my answers have changed. It turns out I have changed my reading habits a bit and I think I’ve (mostly) changed them for the better.
Original Creator: Possibly About To Read but I’m not sure
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
If my TBR ever got that high, I’d definitely think about cutting it down before picking a book. For the sake of argument, though, I’d probably either pick something that’ll fit into a reading challenge. Either that or pick the shortest one just so I can finish it quickly and feel I achieved something.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
Normally, I think about quitting around the 25% mark so, if I’ve got that far (and if it’s too late for me to pick something else that fits the reading challenge prompt), I’d probably fight through to the end just to spite that book. You won’t get the best of me, bad book! I’ll finish you before you finish me!
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Binge, binge, binge! And, if that doesn’t work, pick up some novellas or graphic novels that I can finish in an hour or two to boost my numbers.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I honestly don’t mind mismatching covers that much. My Discworld books are a mismatch of covers and I love them regardless. I like the idea of a matching set of the 41 books but I’m far too broke to even consider buying them just for the sake of how my bookshelves look.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Just post a review online and hope that catches the eye of someone who agrees with me.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
Probably, stick on a pair of sunglasses to hide it. The few times I felt like crying over a book were times when I had no witnesses so I’m honestly not sure what I’d do.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
I’ve only gone back to reread the previous book once but, usually, I just jump right into the sequel and hope that the book includes enough hints and recaps to refresh my memory.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
Probably tell them that I only have the audiobook version of it. Or, do what I did with Hogfather and buy a new special edition so I can lend out my normal copy.
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Pick up an old favourite or something easy like a graphic novel to get the reading motivation flowing again.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
I’ve only started buying new releases recently and that’s only if I hear good reviews about them. So, not very many.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Well, I think I’m getting better at actually reading the books I buy. There’s nothing on my shelf that’s been sitting unread for a year. Not on my physical shelves anyway…*looks nervously at my audiobook library*
I tag anyone who has these reader problems!
I hope to see you again very soon.