It was another fairly slow month and I didn’t get as much reading done as I wanted to. I teetered on the edge of a few reading slumps as well. Oh well, I’m in a decent enough position with my challenges and I suppose that’s what I get for trying to get through all the heavyweight books at once.
I seriously questioned whether I should take part in Nanowrimo this year. I just feel like I’m stuck in a redrafting rut and I don’t know if I’d get anything worthwhile out of this November. Still, I pulled myself together and decided to try a redraft of my second novel. Hopefully, laying down the plot later on in the series will give me some ideas of what to add to Book 1 and will help the story tie together better.
- You Truly Assumed by Leila Sabreen – 🎧 10%
- The Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner – 📖 3%
- Code Name Madeleine by Arthur J. Magida – 📖 11%
New Acquaintances (New Reads)
- Shadowblack by Sebastian de Castell 🎧 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Jasmine Throne by Tasha Suri 📖 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Elatsoe by Darcie Little Badger 📖 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- She Gets The Girl by Rachael Lippincott and Alyson Derrick 🎧 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- A Boy Called Christmas by Matt Haig 🎧 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell 📖 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo 📖 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Impossible Girl by Lydia Kang 🎧 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Tokyo Ever After by Emiko Jean 🎧 ⭐️⭐️
- All The Murmuring Bones by A. G. Slatter 🎧 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Old Friends (Re-Reads)
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 📖 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Last Book I…Tag
- Hocus Pocus Book Tag – Take 2
- The A-Z Book Tag
- The Music Lover’s Tag
- The Halloween Book Tag
- It’s Always Halloween – what else during the spooky season?
Future Meetings (Books)
- Elektra by Jennifer Saint – I loved Ariadne so I have high hopes for this one.
- Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman – Gaiman is the best reading for long cold nights!
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan – I first heard about this on an Extra Credits episode and it got me interested in the interlocking stories.
Future Engagements (Book Tags)
- Would You Rather – Halloween Edition Book Tag (thanks to Sweaters and Raindrops for tagging me!)
- The Fall Bucket List Book Tag
- The Mid Year Freak Out Tag
I hope to see you again very soon